What is Rotary?
Rotary is the world’s first service club, founded in 1905 by Paul Harris in Chicago, IL. Today, Rotary International is the largest volunteer service organization with over 1.2 million business and professional leaders in over 35,000 clubs in 200+ countries.
Rotary sees its mission as:
- Enhancing fellowship and respect among professional business persons
- Recognizing and enhancing the worth and dignity of all useful occupations
- Promoting and encouraging the ideal of service to local and worldwide communities
- Advancing international peace and goodwill through the fellowship of business and professional people
- Promoting the ideal of “Service Above Self” by giving our time and talents to help our communities.
The "Polio Plus" Campaign
In the last twenty years, Rotary has committed over $600 million in its Polio Plus campaign to eradicate polio. Today, Rotary International is focusing on promoting literacy, potable water, and environment and infra-structure development concerns. Along with the fight against Polio, Rotary continues to work for world peace and understanding.
By working both locally and globally, Rotary clubs and members put in over 16 million hours of volunteer work each year! The volunteer hours make an impact on local communities and global ones in need. Being a Rotary member truly means pouring your heart into both your local community and communities across the world.
The Paoli-Malvern-Berwyn (PMB) Rotary Club has pledged its commitment to these ideals and is striving to carry on with the individual and collective effort of its membership.
PMB Rotary is a member of Rotary District 7450 representing Southeastern Pennsylvania. Learn about our fellow district clubs